Thursday, July 25, 2013

Geek Speaking the Best at What He Does

Geek Speak: The Best at What He Does


Fuck. So I have to post this comic with apologies to Joss Whedon. At some point I remembered that he'd already made basically the same joke in the pages of Astonishing X-Men. By the time that occurred to me I'd already done the finishing work, added the text boxes, and laid out the panels. I wasn't about to put in all that work and not post the thing. 

If I get a cease and desist letter from Whedon's people I'll be sure to scan it and post it here, with the important bits redacted. 

The worst part is I can't be sure if I came up with this idea on my own, or if this moment from the comic book was floating around at the back of my head and only resurfaced due to some chain of linked events. The idea for this came up during the drive to the convention center one morning of Comic Con, thought now I forget the context. 

Whatever the source it does beg the question, "does Wolverine have a hobby?" Drinking beer, smoking cigars, and getting into bar fights are all rewarding pursuits, to be sure, but does he have anything that he looks forward to doing during his rare down times. Somehow I don't see him collecting stamps or quilting. 

Here is Whedon's take on the joke in the pages of Astonishing X-men. If you haven't read his version of the X-Men, check it out. It's worth the cost of admissison.


Comic Con - to be continued

I will continue to relate my ComicCon story, but it will have to wait until my mind is no longer reeling from a condition known as "the tired."

No comments:

Post a Comment